Tuesday, June 16, 2020

P.S. Well.... walking talking and other sundry blabbers

Recently, my daughter let me know that sometimes these posts are hard to read, visually. She offered to update the look of it all. I, being the independent and tech-savvy writer, said no thank you. Big mistake
I've changed the look of it a few times, lost all posts, found them, lost the ability to write a new one, found 'new post' and put it back, changed colors, fonts, and now, well, now I am seeing double.

I'm going to ask her to work on it, after all. It's the smarter thing to do in days that I feel anything but smart. I feel messy. That is comfortable for me, and accepted, thankfully, by those who love me. Gratitude for love and acceptance in days like these. yep.

It's summer, even though the calendar says with a smirky font, "Yeah? Just wait, heh, heh, heh." I try to walk during a late lunch most days, so when I get back, and I'm red-faced and dripping, I've only an hour to be offensive to those around me. Then, when I get home,  I can just be home. It's a plan that works for me. I've got a Tuesday friend and a Wednesday friend who join me, and those workdays are better because of their company. I wrote of these walks in the early pandemmy days. We maskwalk with great distance and take turns leading on the hills. We have a good system in place.

I've found walking buddies are a lot like friendship- there are all kinds, and variety makes it refreshing and interesting. A long-standing friend will sometimes meet me halfway and we walk to stay caught up with the misery around us. Another will text on a weekend morning, and depending on how far she wants to walk, I'll text her when I'm getting close to her house and we'll chat our way to a shaded chair and share this and that. Often, I'll walk after work with my pal who doesn't care if we walk or sit or anything. She is so easy, especially after work. It's because of these lovely friends, that my body is on the move again, and you may say, "So what?" Well, let me tell you, people there are very stringent walking rules with me, and they do not suit everyone, and so they make these friends all the more special.

1. No pressure
2. No expectations
3. Flexible

Canceling at a moment's notice just because is A oKaY
Topic of conversation is fluid, route negotiable, and frequent stops are encouraged.
However, whatever, whenever- all are well and good

I remember when I could not walk a few steps without help. It takes a village, sometimes one at a time.





No comments: