Nothing felt right or good. If a vehicle had wheels on it, I found a reason to nix the consideration. I reminded myself of my children years ago when one would want juice but not 'that' juice, and then not 'that' cup, and then not 'that' much or not 'that' little bit. I wasn't upset, I was cauterized still.
I walked around again. I could not make myself get close enough to touch the handle despite my attempts at reaching for it. Daughter led me into the open door and smiled as she closed it. I sat. looked at the dash, the gizmos and gadgets. I wanted Calvin. I heard a muffled "MOM" through the window and cranked the engine. When I drove off, the rental guy was scratching and shaking his head and my daughter was patting him on the back and offering him a tic tac.
- Carries bulbs and oversized plants well
- cooks dashboard delicacies
- loves to play loud music
- Is willing and sort of able to carry 15 or more concrete blocks without losing steering strength
- accepts stuffed garbage bags with composted leaves or dirt and will hold them for extended lengths of time
- sprouts seeds in a timely fashion.
- holds oversized yard sale furniture without
- carries extended lengths of bamboo borrowed from vacant rental properties- in style.
- quiets screaming children with the top -down- child- safety -plan
I prefer to say he was a special needs vehicle with lots of extraordinary character traits and gifts.
I was resistant. Friends were excited.